For those of you unable to get to the meeting on Monday, these are some of the immediate improvements that Sandwell have set aside money for in this financial year.
- Litter and dog litter bins – £4,200 set aside for new bins throughout the park
- Benches – New benches throughout the park, and repairs to existing benches – £3,600
- Park surfaces – repair to the broken surfaces near the drinking fountain and patching other broken baths – £3,000
- Shakespeare Gardens – Topping and rolling the gravel paths £3,000 (some work on tidying up the gardens has already commenced)
- Skate/BMX Park – Removal of the existing structure and replacement by new kit – £80,000
- Secure boundary – installation of low level wooden bollards on Lightwoods Hill side of the park, to include a reminder about not feeding pigeons – £2,000
- Multi Games/Tennis area – Putting a multi-use games area on one of the old tennis courts, and remarking the second court and fitting a steel net – £10,000
- Skate Park Lights – Street lighting section investigating potential for lighting on the skate park area – £6,000
There are lots of other things that I am sure we are all aware of and have ideas about, and we will start that process on Monday, but this list is a pretty good start.